HVAC INCHARGESkills : other Experience : 2 - 5 Yrs Salary : 4 - 6 LPA Location : Raipur, Job Description :
Air Conditioning Technician Job Description, Duties, and Responsibilities
What Does an Air Conditioning Technician Do?
The air conditioning technician is responsible for installing, maintaining, repairing, and servicing certain equipment and facilities, including air conditioning systems and units, water-cooling systems, and refrigerators within client’s own facilities, including those that operate all day long.
His/her job description entails repairing and maintaining building equipment as needed to ensure buildings or facilities are functioning properly.
He/she also carries out general repairs and maintenance of machinery and equipment by diagnosing and troubleshooting special service problems following all building codes, blueprints, instructions, and manuals.
The air conditioning technician’ role also involves estimating material and labor cost and determining plan and requirements for installing, fabricating, and start-up; testing, and servicing HVAC equipment.
Air conditioning technicians work independently under the supervision of the facilities supervisor applying power tools, hand tools, and different testing, and precision-measuring instruments.
However, their job descriptions commonly consist of the following duties and responsibilities:
Posted on : 30-05-2023 Recruiter : RAIPUR FRANCHISE - 9109993518 Yunita Das - 7771007335 To apply download our app.
- Carry out repair and routine maintenance duties on equipment, building facilities and offices, building systems, grounds, and structures
- Coordinate efforts with company’s contracted HVAC vendors to ensure company HVAC systems are functioning perfectly
- Perform inspection, maintenance, repairs, and installation of air conditioning systems, including D.D.C. building control and pneumatic systems, cooling systems, refrigerators, ice machine, refrigerated water coolers, and similar equipment
- Carry out maintenance checks on heating, ventilation, and air conditioning systems; clean evaporator drain pans, coils, and filters; lubricate fan and motor bearings; repair and change motors, electrical wiring, belts, compressors, thermostats, fans, floating elements, and defrost timers
- Place airflow controls to occupants’ preference by adjusting dampers, splitter, diffusers, and fans speeds; take away, clean, and change filters and strainer; remake, repair, and paint metal and wood cooling fans and towers; add the right amount of chemicals to water towers to prevent corrosion and rust
- Run equipment, observe its operation, and read instruments and gauges, including Volt-ohm meters; find out temperature gauges and adjust mechanisms, including valves, pumps and controls to direct levels of fluid, temperature, and pressure; charge with specified types and amount of refrigerant, and bleed contaminants from systems; inspect gauges and carry out periodic preventive maintenance checks
- Carry out overhauling and servicing of refrigeration units by repairing, changing, or reworking broken parts of compressors, condensers, and vacuum pumps; inspect Freon level in refrigeration units and fix any leak observed, and charge units as required; clean and change filters on ice machines and similar equipment; inspect heating elements and change if bad
- Perform repairs or adjustments on piping connections, valves, couplings and fittings by riveting, bolting, welding, brazing, and soldering applying hand tools, drill press, prestolite torch, and acetylene torch
- Take away pumps and motors, change bearings and shafts, repacks and perform reinstallations; perform adjustment on expansion valves; change, fix, and re-calibrate humidistats and thermostats, change hinges, gaskets, and hardware
- Provide assistance to supervisor in planning new installation and modification projects, preparation of specification, and major reconditioning and overhauling projects, applying knowledge of refrigerating systems, engineering specifications, and blueprints
- Order for replacement of equipment parts as required, perform repairs as ordered, and keep record of servicing on equipment
- Provide assistance to colleagues in the department to effectively maintain, and repair equipment, buildings, and municipal properties
- Carry out minor electrical maintenance work, such as repair or replacement of fixtures, including wall switches and outlets, ballast, incandescent and fluorescent tubes and bulbs, fuses, sockets, etc., by applying the right tools
- Carry out minor plumbing maintenance work, including change or repair of leaks in faucets and drains, trenching and laying of new lines, unclogging of drains, etc.
- Carry out minor masonry, painting, and carpentry work
- Carry out restructuring, installation, positioning, and re-mounting of modular offices and space, including furniture, work surfaces, wall panels, lighting, file cabinets, storage bins, etc. to maximize office space and meet user needs
- Provide support after work hour if required in situations like emergency, workshop, commission meetings, and other company functions
- Perform related duties that may be assigned.